Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, June 21, 2010

The end is near....

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:54:52

Hey yall!
First of all....HAPPY FATHER´S DAY!

I hope Dad’s Father’s Day was enjoyable because he is the bomb! This might be my last email from Perú as a missionary how crazy is that?! I have learned a lot in these last few weeks. I have learned that at times our pride and fear of new things inhibit us from growing to be the children god intends us to be. I have been able to work with a gringo for almost three weeks, and it makes me want to call all of my Latino companions that delt with me when I was new and apologize for being such a butt.

In regards to the money deal if it isn't too much of a bother it would be great if you could send me a little bit more money just in case because I want to buy a little something for everyone from ¨El Perú¨ if possible and I don’t want to be completely broke when I get home.

Don’t wish to be more organized, just do it! Start today and do something every day until it’s a habit and then you will say ¨remember when I was un-organized? ¨ Annette lives close to Fitness 19. I hope she will make it a habit to go for her health and not just to drop a few pounds. It needs to be a life long endeavor, not just a quick fix.

I will need the varying clothes sizes because right now I am not as buff as I used to be but I plan on making a come back with vengeance. Yes, give those size elevens to Chris I am a 9-9.5 now. Thanks for the desk I will be using that a lot to study and the TV is cool but I don’t think I will be using that very often. I will be thinning things out as well because I too have a lot of things that I don’t really need and can be of greater use to some one else. Don’t worry about the air conditioning deal you will live, I have survived without air conditioning for 2 years and its all good! There is no air conditioning in the jungle either, and it’s always about 95 degrees with about 100% humidity!

How crazy, I will be a great uncle before I even get home! Who would have imagined? Oh yeah I got the photos and thanks a ton! I used the one of Semaj and I, when I played football and the one with my brothers and sister. I think we will end up developing the pictures that I have in my camera when I get home because if I send them now I will get home before they do! It’s been a crazy 2 years and every day it seems more and more crazy. My only comfort is prayer and the scriptures.

I have truly come to realize that were nothing without the lord’s help. We can accomplish our dreams on our own at times but its a lot more fulfilling when we have the help of the lord; we just feel more at peace. I really want to go to BYU and build the business so that I can provide every opportunity for my family possible to grow and be better than I was. We will see what the lord has in store for me, all I know is that he can’t steer a parked car so I will be moving from the get go! I have to put this new found energy into something positive because if I don't I will lose it and I don't want that.

I will write you next week if I can, but if not I love you all and look forward to seeing you soon!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)