Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, June 1, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 06.01.09

Subject: 2 bautismos más!
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:02:29

Hey yall!

As the title says we baptized two more people and the cool part is that these two families are complete. Now they’re all MORMONS! How cool is that?!

Good to hear you dropped a little weight and your blood pressure went down, good job, keep up the good work! How do you get chicken pox? Man you get to do all the fun stuff, good luck with that! The old folks are falling apart, I feel ya because I am still going bald, so I will be in the same boat as Dad when I get home, how crazy is that?!

Yes, Brother Solomon is awesome; I knew it a long time ago! It's true! No family is perfect no matter how loving or active in the church they may be, but were not here to be perfect or seem perfect, were here to prepare to live with our families for time and all eternity if we follow the commandments and do all in our power to perceiver till the end, then we will have the honor to do so.

Good to hear Jackie’s health is improving. It seems that Vic hasn’t changed much, and the same goes for Jeff. As for the INA business if you REALLY believe you can do it and that its really WORTH the effort you will FIND A WAY to make it happen. Be creative, and work with what you have. You will beat this thing I know it! Don’t worry about what the Young Guns do or don’t do just do your very best and you will reap the rewards soon.

Its a shame about Mike & Sunny moving into a 5th wheel for a year before they can afford to buy a home a home to raise their baby in, but they will overcome this trial. The cool thing is that Sunshine will be able to stay home with the kid and raise him the way they want to raise him.

Are Wally, Jenn, and Claire are crazy as ever? That's too bad they weren't able to stop by for Mother's Day. On a lighter note its super hot here and I’m looking like a balding Peruvian. I really like the jungle even though it’s an entire different world. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since we were in Utah saying good bye. Man does time fly by when you’re having fun! It hasn’t been easy but it’s been an experience that I will never forget. In regards to the photos basically the computers suck here so I haven’t been able to burn a CD but I found a place that I can burn CDs straight from my disc. So I will send the disc to you guys tomorrow. Sorry about the delay but I did all that I can do to find a place for 2-3 P-days. My comp Elder Choc is helping me a whole lot with my Spanish and adjusting to the life of a good missionary. Who would have thought? Me of all people, a missionary and almost a good one at that. Being a good missionary was never something I thought I was capable of but I have changed a whole lot. I really understand the importance of the family unit, and my fear of people is pretty much gone with my pride out the window. I am so very grateful for the family and friends that put up with me all those years.

Please say hi to the family and friends for me. I love them very much. More than they know. Please keep me updated with everybody and what’s new with them.

Oh yes if you could send razors and that Nutrilite "Cal Mag D" that would be great because the food here doesn’t have much Calcium.


Remember NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)