Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, February 15, 2010

!Todo va bien en siòn¡

Subject: All is well in zion!
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:50

!Todo va bien en siòn¡/ All is well in zion!

Hey yall!

I haven’t received the box you sent in January but one of these days I will get it, when they feel like it. I know Dad stresses when he works and if he doesn’t work its even worse but when he retires maybe he will have more time to work "the business".

Justin sounds a bit immature but he will grow up eventually. Maybe it will take a good hard hit from life upside his head as it did me but it’s inevitable. We all have to grow up sooner or later and be men.

Wow! Gregg at Max Muscle got his pro card? Good for him! That’s a great accomplishment that he has worked very hard for and I am happy for him. Don’t worry about the protein powder too much, I am patient. Tell them ALL I’m coming back with a vengeance June 30th! Glad to hear they need me at Fitness 19! I will be working at Fitness 19 and I am planning on working a second job as well as well as working the business a little bit every day because I have a dream and I know that with hard work and obedience to the lord I can accomplish anything. It also helps that I can speak Spanish fluently and I’m going to study Italian again, so the demand for my services will be much greater than before. I am happy that they still remember me and want me to come back. I guess I did SOMETHING right!

James has another girl. I pray the best for him and that he can find happiness that lasts. She is a truck driver? That seems perfect to me! I pray that he keeps reading and listening to the bible its good for the soul.

I don’t really know what I will do with all my stuff yet but I was thinking about that the other day and I think I will leave a lot of stuff here. I think I will leave my shirts and a few dress pants, one of my suits and a pair of dress shoes. I don’t know what else but I’m sure a lot more stuff as well. My suits are holding up well although the grey one is a bit big it’s in great condition and I will be coming home with it. I left my black suit with the stripes at home and it will be nice and new for me to use on my first Sunday back. My gym shoes are doing great! I will be coming home with those as well because I don’t use them very often!

I really don’t like to hear the number of how little you and Dad can get by with. I think that both of you deserve and are capable of a lot more. It’s like the story of the fleas in a can with a top. They jump and jump without success until eventually they no longer jump high enough to reach the top. You can take the top off and they will never escape because they have in their mind that the top is there. They have lowered the bar and in their mind the limit is set. We can do more I know that to be true. We can help people and more than anything we can accomplish our dreams. Dream big!

I see clearer every day that the lord wants to bless us and we are the only ones stopping us from receiving huge blessings. We limit ourselves and it’s really unnecessary. The mission really has been an eye opener for me in many ways, not only spiritually but I have learned how to get along with people that don’t like me and do it well. I have learned so many life lessons its ridiculous. The best part is that I have much more time left to learn how to become the man God intends me to be. I truly believe that I have the chance to create a new legacy for the Morton name and you all will be apart of it. Send my love and praises to all the family and friends. The San Francisco crew, Rocklin 2nd and 6th crews and all that have made it possible to get to this point in my life.

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)